An Office Project Finished

November 23, 2009 at 11:42 am (Projects) (, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , )

As I said before, I have recently started a new job.  With that has come a new, but bland, office.  So, I got to work.  The first project I have completed is a table for the office.  I found this ugly guy with a paper top for a couple of dollars at the thrift store:

I started by sanding the wood legs and sides a bit and then painting them black.  I then used scrapbook paper on the top.  I taped the paper down, starting with a full sheet in the very middle of the table.  When the sheets were lined up nicely, I used ModPodge to cover the sheets, using a foam brush.  I did several coats of this, drying in between. 

 

Black and white, of course!

One thing I learned from using the ModPodge was that it makes the paper wet, so at first it will bubble up.  This smooths out as it dries.  But, I did make the mistake of lining the paper sheets up perfectly edge to edge.  Lining them up with a bit of overlap would have prevented the sheets from moving as they dried.  I do have a few tiny spots where there are gaps between the paper now.  I learned! 🙂

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: